Official NCAA Tourney Thread: Texas Tech

Talk about the past, present and future of NKU hoops here.
notford

Re: Official NCAA Tourney Thread: Texas Tech

Postby notford » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:14 pm

thompted wrote:KenPom predicts a 75-61 loss for NKU or 11% chance of winning. Texas Tech is amazing defensively. They rank 1st in the nation allowing and adjusted 86.0 points per 100 possessions. In contrast, NKU is at 102.7/100 (ranking 143rd). The Red Raiders allow just 41.3% shooting on twos (ranks 2nd), 30.1% on threes (ranks 16th) and turn opponents over on 23.0% of their possessions (tanks 11th). That's a pretty lethal combination.

Offensively, Texas Tech averages 112.7 points per 100 possessions which ranks 36th. NKU is at 109.2 ranking 77th. They shoot the two well (52.9% ranking 68th), the three well (36.8% ranking 61st) and free throws well (72.8% ranking 100th).

Will be interesting to see what the Norse can do vs. the Texas Tech defense.

Defense comes first for Tech and they bring it the entire game. It will take something special from NKU to pull out a win.

I see a close first half and then Tech's defense helps the Red Raiders pull away the last ten minutes.

Rolf C

Postby Rolf C » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 pm

A little NKU success is bringing Norse fans out of the woodwork! Glad to see this joint jumping during tourney time. We could use some cheerleader or thicc threads, though. Man does not live by basketball alone.

Huge Norse

Postby Huge Norse » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm

NOrse-Pa wrote:Trying to think outside the box here- if we double team Moretti and double team Culver, do you think we have anyone on the squad that can cover the other three Tech players? Sort of worried about the fellow they call SneakyBounce too. Tech looks loaded.

This is the best plan I've seen. Who is SneakyBounce though? NoOooOrse!!!!

Tube Steak

Postby Tube Steak » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Prediction:

Tech 69
Norse 0

Den Norenzo

Postby Den Norenzo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 pm

sleepynorse wrote:
culallen wrote:I think I'll pull up some video of the Drew McDonald kid. Looks like he can fill it up.

he is amazing, should have been consensus first team all american, but we got passed over. By the time NKU is in the final four, people will recognize what a good shooter he is, though!

So are you saying that McDonald's All-American? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ugeek:

JamNORSEba

Postby JamNORSEba » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Tube Steak wrote:Prediction:

Tech 69
Norse 0

This forum is for Norse fans. Please take your trolling elsewhere

ShenorsigansMcGee

Postby ShenorsigansMcGee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:16 pm

The Texas Tech love in this thread makes me sick. Tech couldn’t even finish better than 7th in the preseason big 12 polls. Not impressed.

Huge Norse

Postby Huge Norse » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:22 pm

I know Tech fans think they are special because of Big 12 and all, but they will be in for a rude awakening come Friday. I'm not saying Norse will win, but they will definitely cover. I'm putting big bucks on it too.
62-61 final score

NOrse-Pa

Postby NOrse-Pa » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:10 pm

I see those rascals from the South Plains have a horse mascot. I sure pity any horse not living here in Kentucky. While we all know Secretariat was born in Virginia he got to Kentucky as fast as he could.

Cnut the Great

Postby Cnut the Great » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 pm

What an epic battle of two pillaging clans this will be!!

Return to “NKU Basketball”